Maryland Association of Softball Officials is designed to provide the best officiating service in
Maryland and the surrounding area to all levels of female athletic competition ranging from the
youth through the collegiate levels.
Through the recruitment and training of interested adults, MASO provides highly qualified
officials for each level of competition. Quality officiating practices promote desirable sports
programs and officials serve as role models. MASO’s continued commitment to the sport
provides positive experiences for the female athlete which, in turn, assists each individual in
the continued development of self esteem, fair play and long lasting friendships.
- Respect and appreciation for the game
- Respect for all players, coaches and personnel
- Quality training to provide the best official for each sport level
- Quality assignment of officials for each level of the game
- Knowledge of the rules and their application
- Advocate for women’s sports
The Maryland Association of Softball Officials was organized in June, 2008.
MASO has over 80 umpires with experience ranging from 1 to 35 plus years. We
currently serve Baltimore County, Baltimore City and the IAAM high schools. In
addition to high schools, we also supply umpires to local colleges and several teams
in the Central Maryland League.